Things to do in Overland Park
Discover our lively locale about 30 minutes from downtown Kansas City. Our hotel is set in Park Place, Leawood's charming new lifestyle development so we're just an easy stroll to chic shopping, enticing eateries, parks, and gardens. More entertainment options and things to do in Overland Park are available down the road at the city's open-air Town Center Plaza shopping center.
- La Belle Angèle Day Spa - "Holistic European Skin Care with Midwestern Flair" Enjoy $20 off any service $100 or more $10 off any service $50 or more when you show your Aloft Leawood-Overland room key.
- Boulevard Drive-In Theater - Just your old-fashioned drive-in movie theater. Bring the family- it's a perfect night out.
- Fine Arts Theatre - Enjoy a night out at this old style theatre! While there is popcorn, it’s not quite like the city theaters. This mellow theatre is just what you need to relax and see a movie of your choice- the selection is great. You can even delve into a well-done art movie.
- Swope Park & Zoo - Located just outside of Leawood, in Kansas City, this multi-venue hosts an array of different events and things to see. It is the 29th largest municipal park in the US and encompasses Starlight Theatre, training grounds for the Kansas City Wizards, the Kansas City Zoological Park, two golf courses and a variety of sports fields.
- Toy and Miniature Museum - Visit this intriguing and exciting 38-room house, full of collections of toys and other collectibles. This specialty museum is located conveniently on UMKC’s campus.
- WWI Museums - Liberty Memorial is America’s official museum dedicated to World War I. This extraordinary site tells the unique story of the war from 1914-1918.
- Kansas Speedway - Don't miss the exciting NASCAR events hitting the Kansas Speedway, including NASCAR Qualifying/ARCA night race, NASCAR XFINITY Series, and the sixth race in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Hollywood Casino 400.
- Lineman's Rodeo - Experience a traditional Kansas rodeo competition October 9-14 held at the National Agriculture Hall of Fame.
- World Fastpitch Championship - The best of the best in the sport of Fastpitch converge on Kansas City for this championship series.
- Plaza Art Fair - A tradition on the Country Club Plaza held September 22-24, this event is free of charge and features talented local artists, live music, and an impressive showing of culinary arts.
- National Bikers Roundup - August 2-6 the largest motorcycle rally in the country will be held right here in Kansas City at the Thunder Valley Speedway.
- Bristol Bar & Grill - Visitors rave about this amazing seafood restaurant! It is a must try. Stop by for a fun, entertaining and delicious night at the Bristol Bar & Grill- the food is great, and the atmosphere is even better.
Our other favorite restaurants to try
- Bonefish Grill
- Oklahoma Joe’s BBQ
- Room 39
- Country Club Plaza - Be sure to see the notorious 15-block district, full of restaurants, eateries, and more than 150 shops! From couture clothiers to anchors like Tiffany & Co., and Anthropologie, this is a one-stop-shop.
- Park Place - Experience the homey-ness of this extravagant neighborhood shopping area. It’s not your average shopping mall. Ice skate at the outdoor skating rink, orexplore the unique, boutique-like shops and restaurants.